Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Settled in Stockholm!

Hello everyone,

This afternoon I arrived in Stockholm. For the next two months I will be living in an apartment complex near the university. So far the area seems nice. There are students sunbathing on the lawn and my room looks out over a nice little forest. It's only a short metro ride from the university station into the center of Stockholm. After arriving and dropping off my bags (I felt a little ridiculous lugging around two huge bags, but dive gear takes up a lot of space!), I went back into the city and explored the area around the central station. I needed to buy an Ethernet cable and some sheets. There were plenty of clothing stores, but finding a place that sells sheets was a bit more tricky. But after asking many sales representatives in various stores, I finally found a department store with sheets. I now have internet from my Ethernet and a made-up bed in which to sleep tonight.

In my little neighborhood there is one restaurant and a convenience/grocery store. Over the next few days I want to explore this area a bit more, as right now I only know how to walk to the metro and back. The walk to the metro is quite lovely, and it features a large field with cows.

I need to dig out my camera from my backpack and start taking some pictures to post here. As I've only been here the afternoon, I don't have any more updates. However, what I've seen so far is great.

Recap: Today I arrived, I got to my housing, and I settled in. Day 1 = Success!

~Kristine

1 comment: